FINANCE OFFICER (3 month probation based in Banda Aceh)
Closing date : 16 October 2009
To provide finance and accounting support to the Yayasan Adista programs in
accordance with Yayasan Adista Policies and Procedures, maintain accounting
records and the and provide reports.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
Cash and Banking
1. Responsible for the officefloat.
2. Issue petty cash and cash advances to staff and to project sites as
required, ensuring that records are well maintained.
3. Receive cash into Field Office bank and/or petty cash ensuring that
records are well maintained.
4. Maintain the cash book and reconcile daily and weekly.
5. Assist the Finance Officer with forecasting cash requirements and monitor
6. Receive and record monies paid in by staff or others, issue receipts as
7. Maintain safe custody of cash at all times.
1. Ensure all expenditures are approved in accordance with Yayasan Adista
policies and procedures and Logistics operating procedures.
2. Check invoices for authorization, correct account and project coding, and
process payments for utilities and suppliers.
3. Prepare requests foror to pay suppliers.
4. Check and reimburse employee expenses in accordance with Yayasan Adista
policies and procedures.
5. Disburse salaries to local staff in accordance with Yayasan Adista HR
policies and procedures.
1. Enter all receipts and expenditure to the general ledger in Quick Books
accurately and in a timely manner.
2. Make sure that costs, expenses and any recoveries are allocated to the
right cost locations, revenue and/ or project codes.
3. Reconcile employee advances and other scheduled accounts at least
4. Provide General Ledger files to the Director at month end in accordance
with finance reporting calendar.
1. To provide monthly cash summary, general ledger reports in accordance
with Yayasan Adista financial reporting timeframes.
2. Assist the Finance Officer to create, configure, and maintain field
accounting systems, forms, and software, including the development, testing
and fine tuning of the automated interface system for capturing data into
the financial reporting system in use.
3. Assist the Finance Officer provide quarterly project specific financial
reports for donors and the monthly reports to donors, including ensuring
that the reporting module in the financial reporting system in use is
configured to generate the required reports.
4. Work closely with the Finance Officer to ensure that systems and
reports are compliant, including the timely and accurate generation of ad
hoc reports that donors and management may require from time.
· Carry out any other duties assigned by Director
· 3 year Diploma in Accounting up to Bachelor Degree
· Minimum of 3 years book keeping or accounting experience
· Ability to work with numbers
· Demonstrate ability to manage cash
· High level computer skills including proficiency in MS Word and Excel
· Knowledge in using QuickBooks or other PC based Accounting packages
· Good organizing skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to work independently with limited supervision
· A team player with good interpersonal skills
· Able to handle and guard confidential information sensitively and
· Demonstrated ability to work cross culturally
· Ability to speak and write in English is an advantage.