Closing date 09 October 2009
The United Methodist Committee on Relief, Non-Governmental Organization (UMCOR-NGO) is a not-for-profit organization that provides transitional development and relief assistance to communities in need around the world. UMCOR-NGO’s Indonesia Field Mission (UMCOR-Indonesia) is
implementing is currently implementing a WASH Project in 13 Schools in Aceh Province. UMCOR is in the process of rolling out is the in-country strategic Plan for 2009-2012 which focuses on Comprehensive School Health Program, Prevention of and Integrated Community Development project.
UMCOR is seeking one Senior Health Specialist with Medical or Public Health Education and progressive field work experience in with schools and communities in Aceh Province to help implement the current WASH Project in Bireuen District.
Reports to : Health and Hygiene Program Manager
Location : UMCOR Bireuen field office
* Actively support, assist development and implement all the including WASH in school project;
* Assist in careful budget control specific to planned project activities, actual implementation of project activities drawn from quarterly and month work plans, monitoring, evaluation and even projects scale up;
* Prepare field office level weekly and monthly work plans for Health project;
* Contact and liaise with all relevant Government Departments;
* Assist in all health study surveys including UMCOR in house assessments, evaluations and KAP surveys;
* Organize and provide innovative and participatory trainings from time to time on health promotion and prevention;
* Support and mobilize all health project participants including school teachers, healthcare workers and providers, targeted community members with consistent health education, promotion and information through meeting and other correspondences.
* Solid education background in health (Public Health, Nursing or Medical Doctor with field experience) with significant working knowledge and experience of International NGO (INGO) practices.
* Progressive responsible experience for working in an INGO in similar capacity or as a Health Specialist display skills in project monthly report writing; Knowledge Attitude and Practice survey administration plus drafting KAP reports; developing work plan; clear communication skills on email and other means such a telephone; experience in mobilize project participants including dealing with Government officials.
* Excellent interpersonal, coordination and consultative skills in their management with good awareness of setting priorities and achieving targets.
* Fluent written and spoken English is a must.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and CV/resume in English by email@example.com or by postal
address UMCOR-Indonesia, Komplek Tasbi Blok RR No. 141, Medan 21022. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and this position will remain
open until filled. Please no phone calls. Only applicants selected for an
interview for the position will be contacted.