Jakarta is looking for an IT Database Assistant according to the terms of reference below.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com> not later than indicating the reference code below as subject.
All candidates are requested to specify their availability date in the application form.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference No : SVN/ID10/2009/071
Position Title : IT Database Assistant
Classification : Employee, Grade 5
Duty Station : Jakarta
Type of contract : Special All Inclusive
Duration of contract : Three months initial contract, with possibility of extension
General Functions :
Under the direct supervision of the IOM Inhouse Technical Consultant,
the incumbent will be responsible for the development and ongoing
support and maintenance of the Irregular Migrant Database System (IMDB)
planned for the Mission and the Directorate General of Immigration
(Imigrasi). In particular, s/he will:
1) Undertake to the overall design of the database and application systems.
2) Liaise as necessary with relevant representatives from the stakeholder organisations in designing the database functionality.
3) Carry out the construction of the physical database design consistent with a given specifications.
4) Programme the user interface and required consistent with given specifications.
5) Develop the required utilities and mechanisms for transferring data files between mobile devices and the central database.
6) In close coordination with the of the project or the delegated staff, implement the necessary security mechanisms at physical and logical levels, to protect data access and confidentiality of the system, including, but not limited to, the provision of
appropriate user groups and rights assignment according to specific roles, in compliance with industry-standard security procedures.
7) Provide end-user support for the utilization of the IMDB in all locations and secure the appropriate mechanisms for accurate and effective data compilation.
8) Implement when necessary, training to end-users to ensure productive use of existing and new versions of the IMDB .
9) Coordinate the implementation of regular backups for the IMDB data in all locations and secure the existence of a centralized data repository for national data.
10) Cooperate and coordinate project activities with authorised staff of the Directorate of Immigration Information Systems.
11) Comply with all reasonable instructions and observe site procedures, security and regulations provided by Imigrasi.
12) Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
– University degree in computer science or a combination of relevant education and professional experience, particularly in the areas of database management and programming.
– A minimum of 3 years progressive experience in for
single/multi-site/distributed databases, particularly with MySQL, MS Access, or .
– Knowledge and experience in the use of Red Hat Linux Enterprise v5 operating system.
– Experience in the use of relevant software development products and the development of both web-based and client-server database system implementations preferred.
– Knowledge and experience in the use of Crystal Reports preferred.
– Capacity to perform effectively under pressure, excellent teamwork and communication skills, cross-cultural and gender sensitivity. Able to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate high level of initiative, perseverance and professional commitment to achieve
high-quality results. Ability to handle confidential data in a professional, responsible and mature manner.
– Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Note: the position will be based at the Directorate General of Immigration in Kuningan, Jakarta Selatan.