Closing date : 11 october 2009
Terms of Reference*
The United Nations Population Fund is a development agency who works closely
with the Government of Indonesia to support national development through its
mandates on advancing reproductive health, gender equality and population
issues. The Fund produces various types of documents and publication
materials aimed at influencing policies, informing programme and increasing
public awareness. These documents are produced for different target
audiences: policy and decision makers, academicians, the media, civic
society or non-governmental organizations and to be disseminated through
various channels including through UNFPA Indonesia website.
For the above-mentioned purpose, the Fund is looking for a consultant editor
to ensure that the documents and publications produced for external publics
are reader-friendly and in proper English. The tasks of the Consultant
· to edit/rewrite as necessary, the copy of documents, news updates
and publication materials in close collaboration with UNFPA team;
· to ensure accuracy, correct errors in grammar, spelling,
· to maintain that the copy is consistent with and conform to UNFPA
style and standard.
· He/she should be native speaker of the English Language and sound
knowledge of the language as a subject
· Masters degree in Communication, Journalism, English Academic or
· Proficient in writing, editing, proofreading, spelling and
· Attention to detail
· Minimum 5 years relevant experience. Prior experience on editorial
works on reproductive health, population and gender will be an added
· Able to work under pressures and meet tight deadline.
*How to apply*
Interested and qualified applicants may send their updated CV and
application letter to *email@example.com* <firstname.lastname@example.org> not
later than *11 October 2009*. Please put the ‘Consultant Editor’ as the
subject of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.