Closing date 5 october 2009
SERASI is a USAID funded project which supports Indonesia’s
continuing evolution into a peaceful, just and democratic
nation with respect for pluralism and protection of human rights
for all citizens, accomplished through rapid and flexible
programmatic, administrative and logistical support for USAID’s
strategic grants and technical assistance program to mitigate
social conflict and support peace building initiatives nationwide.
Our program currently includes activities planned for Aceh,
Papua, Sulawesi , and the Malukus. SERASI is implemented by
the International Relief and Develop (IRD), an international
non-profit organization in Indonesia SERASI seeks individuals
for the position of :
Title : SERASI Senior Program Officer
Department : Program
Supervisor : Field Manager Palu
Location : Palu
General Description of Role:
The Senior Program Officer reports directly to
Field Manager Sulawesi. The Senior Program Officer demonstrates
understanding of key program concepts and contributes regularly
to the development of program strategy and guidelines.
The Senior Program Officer is providing mentoring support
to Program Officers under his/her responsibilities.
The Senior Program Officer works in close collaboration
with other program team members in carrying out his/her responsibilities.
1. Prepare an annual report summarizing program activities.
2. Work together Field Manager Sulawesi to prepare the program’s
annual work plan
3. Oversee and coordinate the work of SERASI program officers.
4. Assist Field Manager Sulawesi to ensure appropriate and
timely delivery of field based projects.
5. Actively participate in regular program review and decision
6. Assist in preparation and application of survey and program
management’s tools, training materials, and manuals.
7. Serve as a professional representative of SERASI programs
at public forums, meetings and with relevant governments at
8. Provide guidance and support to Program Officers in coaching
local partners on accurate and timely data collection and
conduct internal and external need assessments, monitoring
9. Prepare regular project reports as required by Field Manager
10.Travel to the provinces on a regular and as-needed basis to
assure direct and clear communication with provincial level
11.Oversee the collection of program data and assure that it
is collected regularly and consistently throughout all aspects
of the program.
12.Facilitate regular communication among program officers.
13.Keep upper management informed of issue, concerns and successes
of the program.
14.Perform other duties as assigned by the Field Manager Sulawesi.
Minimum diploma degree in relevant field (relevant experience may
substitute the relevant degree).
Minimum 3 years working experiences in a similar position in
an NGO or an international organization and in community development,
work with community based management.
– Having knowledge of English, both written and spoken,
and to be effective communicator, dynamic and creative.
– Able to communicate fluently and effectively both verbally and
– Excellent interpersonal skills and able to manage community
and working in a multi-cultural workplace.
– Able to write program plans, budget and proposals for all future
projects of the program.
– Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
– Must have a willingness to travel to SERASI field offices for
– Must also have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced,
– In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform other duties
and work irregular hours.
If you meet the minimum requirements and are interested in applying,
please write us email latest by October 5th, 2009 and include
a cover letter, CV, 3 references, and your salary history/expectations
to : opportunity@ ird.or.id.
or you may submit your CV electronically.
To do so, visit http://www.ird.or.id and select “Careers.”
Then further select “Open Opportunities.”
Select the opportunity for which you wish to apply,
and follow the instructions.
You will be able to upload your CV in WORD format on this site.
Other documentation is not required at this time.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. ”
No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
IRD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER