An International Christian Ministry for Children Development, is seeking
for highly motivated and experienced national staff to be based in
Bandung Field Office, for the position below
Program Evaluation and Research Specialist (Code: PERS)
The Program Evaluation and Research Specialist plays a critical role in
supporting programmatic learning and accountability in the country
office. Designs and implements research and evaluation on behalf of the
Program Implementation Department. Supports global research projects
led by Program Development. Implements the Impact Evaluation Model and
serves as a resource on other issues related to research and evaluation.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
1. Working within one’s influence, serves as an
advocate for children around the world who live in poverty and are not
able to speak out for themselves. This includes being informed about the
issues of children and influencing others to care about children who are
2. Conducts approved research projects. Develops
proposals to address research questions raised by the Program
Implementation or Field Leadership. Designs appropriate methodologies
for approved research projects. Oversees collection of data from
children, families, partners and community following approved research
3. Performs analysis of data, providing both
descriptive and inferential statistics, as well as qualitative analysis,
that will allow for an enhanced understanding of the topic of
investigation. Prepares research reports documenting the findings of
research projects, including the impact of Compassion’s programs.
4. Supports two to three research initiatives
implemented in the country by managing data collection, entry and
5. Conducts Program Evaluation using the methodology
and instruments prescribed in Compassion’s Program Impact Evaluation
Model; the Program Evaluation and Research Specialist will manage all
aspects of a participatory program evaluation process.
6. Serves as a resource for Program Implementation
and Field Leadership on issues related to research and evaluation.
Support the development and maintenance of a country strategic map
providing a graphic depiction of the geographic dispersion of needs and
resources within the country.
7. Consults with Program Implementation and supports
the development of evaluation methodologies for all three core
ministries. Assists Program Implementation in the collection and
analysis of data regarding program implementation. Supports Quality
Assurance as requested.\
1. A masters degree or equivalent experience in
Sociology, Anthropology, Education or related area with knowledge of
social research methods.
2. Three years experience in research methodology.
3. Experience in research in cross-cultural studies
of moral development, child development, public health or other topics
related to Compassion’s program to children.
4. Knowledge and experience in child development.
5. Demonstrated ability to write a professionally
presented research report.
6. Ability to communicate and help management
understand and apply learning from research in a way that helps them
7. Computer literate, experience with Internet, word
processing, database and presentation software.
8. Able to work cross-culturally.
9. Fluency in English is preferred.
10. Ability to prepare descriptive statistics to
summarize research findings and inferential statistics to draw
conclusions about the target population based on sample findings.
How to Apply:
Please put your current and expected salary & benefits in the CV then
send ‘only’ your application letter & CV to HRD email:
Please put the
code of position and your location
applied in the subject of your e-mail (for example : PERS – Medan) and
please do not send any document of more than 1 MB.