Closing date 2 october 2009
World Relief Indonesia is a humanitarian organization from USA working
with local partners to serve the most vulnerable.
We are inviting interested persons to submit application for
the following position:
FINANCE ASSISTANT (3 months contract – Jakarta Base)
To provide finance and accounting support to the World Relief programs
in accordance with World Relief’s Policies and Procedures, maintain accounting
records and the general ledger and provide reports.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
Cash and Banking
1. Responsible for the office petty cash float.
2. Issue petty cash and cash advances to staff and to project sites as
required, ensuring that records are well maintained.
3. Receive cash into Field Office bank and/or petty cash ensuring that
records are well maintained.
4. Maintain the cash book and reconcile daily and weekly.
5. Assist the Finance Officer with forecasting cash requirements and
6. Receive and record monies paid in by staff or others, issue receipts
7. Maintain safe custody of cash at all times.
1. Ensure all expenditures are approved in accordance with World Relief
policies and procedures and Logistics operating procedures.
2. Check invoices for authorization, correct account and project coding,
and process payments for utilities and suppliers.
3. Prepare requests for wire transfers or to pay suppliers.
4. Check and reimburse employee expenses in accordance with World Relief’s
policies and procedures.
5. Disburse salaries to local staff in accordance with World Relief’s HR
policies and procedures.
1. Enter all receipts and expenditure to the general ledger in Quick Books
accurately and in a timely manner.
2. Make sure that costs, expenses and any recoveries are allocated to the
right cost locations, revenue and/ or project codes.
3. Reconcile employee advances and other scheduled accounts at least monthly.
4. Provide General Ledger files to the Finance Officer at month end in
accordance with finance reporting calendar.
1. To provide monthly cash summary, general ledger reports in accordance
with WR financial reporting timeframes.
2. Assist the Finance Officer to create, configure, and maintain field
accounting systems, forms, and software, including the development,
testing and fine tuning of the automated interface system for capturing
data into the financial reporting system in use.
3. Assist the Finance Officer provide quarterly project specific financial
reports for donors and the monthly reports to HQ, including ensuring that
the reporting module in the financial reporting system in use is configured
to generate the required reports.
4. Work closely with the Finance Officer to ensure that systems and
reports are compliant, including the timely and accurate generation of
ad hoc reports that HQ Finance, donors and management may require from time.
· Carry out any other duties assigned by the Finance Officer.
· 3 year Diploma in Accounting up to Bachelor Degree
· Minimum of 3 years book keeping or accounting experience
· Ability to work with numbers
· Demonstrate ability to manage cash
· High level computer skills including proficiency in MS Word and Excel
· Knowledge in using QuickBooks or other PC based Accounting packages
· Good organizing skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to work independently with limited supervision
· A team player with good interpersonal skills
· Able to handle and guard confidential information sensitively and discretely
· Demonstrated ability to work cross culturally
· Ability to speak and write in English is an advantage.
Applicants must show that they have the necessary skills and experience relevant
to the advertised vacancy and have values and convictions that are aligned with
World Relief’s values and mission (visit http://www.wr.org <http://www.wr.org/> ).
In order to apply for the following posts, please submit your letter of interest
and CV to email@example.com before October 2, 2009
Please indicate “FA” on the Subject Line.
Only successful candidates will be notified.