Position : Field Program Manager – POUZN Project in Indonesia
Supervisor : POUZN Country Coordinator – Indonesia
Starting salary : Commensurate with education and experience
Closing date : October 1, 2009
Project summary: The USAID funded Point-Of-Use-Water Disinfection
and Zinc Treatment (POUZN) project is managed by the Academy for
Educational Development (hereinafter referred to as “AED”) and is tasked
with increasing supply and demand of zinc treatment in Indonesia and
other countries. The World Health Organization (WHO) and UNICEF both
support zinc as a treatment that can reduce diarrheal mortality by 13 to
21%. Numerous studies have demonstrated that zinc therapy given for 10
to 14 days during and after diarrhea reduces the duration and severity
of diarrheal episodes and has a preventative effect against diarrhea
In Indonesia, zinc has been adopted by DepKes for the treatment of
childhood diarrhea. Zinc products have been launched in early 2008 by
two pharmaceutical companies that targeted their marketing efforts on
health professionals. Recently this year, other pharmaceutical companies
are launching their new zinc products. POUZN plans to initiate programs
for further socializing zinc as diarrhea treatment to Midwives and
Position summary: The Field Program Manager is an experienced
person in community building who will assist and work with POUZN Country
Coordinator in rolling out the education of zinc treatment as the new
protocol in childhood diarrhea to midwives and caregivers. The incumbent
will involve working with Province/District Health Offices, Midwives,
PKK/ Community, NGOs and ultimately the caregivers in Bandung.
Essential Job Functions:
* Undertake field sampling assessment in the communities
* Develop the design of the program for educating midwives and caregiver
* Initiate as well as maintaining contacts with Health Office,
Midwives (Organization), PKK and other key persons in the community as
* Implement the program as well as provide supervision and guidance
to the community/ caregivers
* The tasks will also include organization of workshops and other
means of educations
* Writes and submits report
* Assume additional works assigned by the Country Coordinator
Degree in social sciences, general practitioner, other relevant fields:
such as Health, Education or equivalent combination of education and
* Minimum 5 years working in community development, and 3 years of
project management, in supervisory position.
* Excellent communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia, and fluency in
English. Fair knowledge in Sundanese is better. Specifically familiar
with Bandung culture and geography.
* Community experience and human relations capacity building skills,
analytical skill and ability to learn quickly and take initiative.
* Ability to work in multi tasks, work independently and
cooperatively in a team. NGO experience is preferred. and previous
experience in working with USAID funded project is a plus.
* This job will require at least 3 references from previous
* Excellent communication skill supported by concrete training and
communicating/ teaching experience.
* Understanding of and demonstrated ability to initiate innovative
approach, ideas, activities in a wide range of fields
* Flexibility â€” including substantial administration,
reporting, workshop coordination.
* Proven fluency in spoken and written English, bahasa Indonesia and
ability to speak Sundanesse is a plus
* Able to operate computer especially in Word, Powerpoint, Excell, etc
This local hire appointment will be stationed in Bandung from October
2009 â€” September 2010 .
This position will require up to 70% of the time travelling within the
Bandung area. Preferably the candidate owns a vehicle or mode of
Qualified individuals are invited to submit an application letter with
CV including recent photograph and at least 3 references from previous
supervisors and or work partners by 17:00 pm on October 1, 2009 to be
sent via email not to exceed 500kb, to: email@example.com
All applications will be treated confidentially, only short-listed
candidates will be contacted.