Closing date: October 12 2009
ICCO Regional Office, South East Asia
In Affiliation with International NGO Forum on Indonesian Development (INFID)
Salary : Competitive terms and conditions will be offered
Based : Denpasar , Indonesia
Please send your motivation letter and CV (up to 4 pages maximum and in English ) only by e-mail and before October 12 2009 to Southeastasiavacancies@icco.nl.
ICCO & Kerk in Actie
ICCO is the Interchurch Organisation for Development Co-operation, Kerk in Actie is part of the Protestant Church in the Netherlands . ICCO & Kerk in Actie combine their knowledge, means and policies to enable them to do their work in developing countries better and more efficiently. The ICCO Office manages projects and programmes of both ICCO and Kerk in Actie.
Together we provide financial support and advice to local organisations and networks throughout the world that are dedicated to improving access to basic services, stimulating sustainable economic development and advancing peace and democracy. We also put enterprising people in the Netherlands and developing countries in contact with one another. We work very closely with social organisations; including development organisations; educational institutions and businesses. Our assistance goes to help people in Latin America, Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe build a more dignified existence and become financially independent. ICCO is in the process of decentralizing parts of its organisation, whereby some employees will perform their duties from a regional office. ICCO has about 250 employees. More information can be found on our website: http://www.icco.nl
During the coming years ICCO will be transformed into an international organisation based on cooperation and co-responsibility. This is going to be operational through the following measures:
1. Programmatic approach: rather than several bilateral relationships, we’ll give priority to cooperation with multi-actor networks / coalitions in which organisations of different backgrounds and strengths cooperate to achieve objectives jointly agreed upon;
2. Co-responsibility: strategies and policies at regional / national level will be formulated (and reviewed) by Regional Councils, composed of civil society actors from the regions concerned; strategies and policies at ICCO’s corporate level will be formulated (and reviewed) with substantial inputs from civil society actors of the South;
3. Decentralization: operational tasks will be entrusted to Regional Offices, based in the region, composed of staff recruited from the region and The Netherlands; regional offices are part of the (one) ICCO working organisation led by the Board of Directors of ICCO.
ICCO IS LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES TO APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS FOR ITS SOUTH EAST ASIA OFFICE:
3 PROGRAMME OFFICERS (PO) FOR INDONESIA , BASED IN DENPASAR
2 FINANCE OFFICERS (FO) BASED IN DENPASAR
About the Regional Office in South East Asia , Indonesia
In the region South East Asia ICCO works in Indonesia , the Philippines , Pacific, East Timor, Burma, Vietnam , Cambodia , Thailand and Asia wide. For this region, a Regional Office will be set up in Denpasar , Indonesia . The management of projects/programmes will gradually be transferred from the Global Office in The Netherlands to the Regional Office, and local/regional as well as international staff will be hired to work in the region. All three ICCO thematic areas (Fair Economic Development, Access to Basic Services, Democratisation and Peacebuilding) will be present in the regional organisation.
About the staff
PROGRAMME OFFICER ( PO )
We are looking for 3 Programme Officers, coming from Indonesia.
1. One PO will be responsible for the Aceh programme and the national programme. The focus of this programme is on Democratisation and Peacebuilding.
2. The second PO will be responsible for the programmes in East Indonesia , with a focus on Access to Basic Services and Democratisation and Peacebuilding.
3. The third PO will have Papua New Guinea as focus area. This PO will we be responsible for the sustainable forestry management programme.
All PO ’s are expected to contribute to the team capacity on the ICCO main themes. Next to the 3 Indonesian Programme Officers there will be Programme Officers from the Philippines and the Mekong area and a PO coming from the Global Office in the Netherlands .
Tasks and responsibilities of the programme Officer (PO)
The main responsibility of the PO is the interaction with the partners and programme coalitions in accordance with ICCO/ Kerk in Actie policies and guidelines. The programme officer reports to the Regional Manager and works in a multidisciplinary team in direct cooperation with the Finance Officer.
The main role of the PO will be process facilitation. Therefore, the PO needs to have strong capacities in facilitating, supporting, advising, and capacity building skills.
The main tasks of the Programme Officers will be:
– Identify and facilitate programmes and programme coalitions by applying the 4 ICCO strategic roles: strategic financing, advocacy and lobby, capacity building and brokerage.
– Assess programme- and project proposals.
– Prepare funding- and other decisions.
– Review audit reports of projects and programmes and follow up of recommendations.
– Provide input to the financial planning, budgeting, performance, monitoring, capacity development and risk management of projects and programmes.
– Control, evaluate and monitor ongoing contracts between ICCO/ Kerk in Actie and local partners.
– Assist preparation of medium term and long term financial plans, spending, and cash flow forecasts.
– Contribute to learning and linking and coordinate research and knowledge
– Contribute to strategic policy development and to the development of the regional plan.
– Contribute to the fundraising possibilities with regard to the relevant themes on Fair Economic Development, Democratization & Peace Building or Access to Basic Services.
Profile of the Programme Officers
– Advanced knowledge of programme and project formulation, accountability requirements.
– Relevant educational background in the fields of one of the 3 main themes:
o Fair economic development; value chains; access to local and international markets; and for the Pacific programme: sustainable forest management.
o Access to basic services: food security; health; education; hiv/aids, water and sanitation with a focus on access for the poor and marginalized
o Democratization and peace building;
– Knowledge on, and preferably experience in, the region and with the partners.
– Substantial professional experience, of which at least five years has been spent handling a portfolio of development programmes.
– Experience with multi-stakeholder processes
– Experience with institutional donors
– Good knowledge of economic, social and political situation in the region, familiarity with regional issues.
– Good knowledge of development issues, change processes and North-South cooperation.
– Excellent language skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia
– Knowledge of PME systems of projects and programmes.
– Knowledge of financial aspects related to funding of programmes.
– Relevant experience of assessment and analyses of project/programme plans.
– Negotiation, networking, facilitation and communication skills.
– Prepared to travel frequently in the country.
– Ability and willingness to work with people of different backgrounds and to contribute constructively to a working environment based on mutual respect and trust.
FINANCE OFFICERS (FO)
We are looking for two Finance Officers who will work in Denpasar in close cooperation with a Finance Officer, coming from the Global Office in the Netherlands .
The main responsibility of the Finance Officer is to contribute to proper utilization of funds made available by ICCO/Kerk in Actie to projects/programmes and programme coalitions.
The main tasks of the Finance officers will be;
– Financial analysis and assessment of programme and project proposals including revenues, spending, and cash flow forecasts
– Financial monitoring and evaluation of the partner organisations, programmes and projects by analysis of financial reports and audits.
– Preparations of payments in the contracts between ICCO/ Kerk in Actie and local organisations
– Financial handling of institutionally funded projects
– Assist with preparation and review of plans, budgets, performance reports, project proposals, and return on investment analysis.
– Assist with the preparation of medium term and long term financial plans,
– Assess and advise on the financial capacity of partner organisations and accountability systems
– Facilitate capacity building and expert knowledge in financial administration and control
– Contribute to the development and implementation of building ICCO/ Kerk in Actie financial management capacities
– Contribute to the strengthening of the control environments of the RWO
Profile of the Finance Officers
– Substantial experience in finance with a demonstrated track record on financial monitoring of projects.
– Budgetary responsibility in an international environment would be preferable but not essential
– Appropriate degree, for example in Finance or other relevant professional qualification
– Competence and demonstrated experience in the use of computerized systems, including financial software applications is essential
– Experience with institutional donors
– Knowledge on ICT systems used by ICCO/ Kerk in Actie desirable. ICCO uses MS Office and Microsoft Dynamics.
– Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, discretion and high integrity are imperative
– Excellent language skills in English and Bahasa
– Ability and willingness to work with people of different backgrounds and to contribute constructively to a working environment based on mutual respect and trust
Terms of employment
For the PO and the FO positions ICCO offers competitive terms. We expect candidates to work from the regional office in Denpasar. Very frequent travelling, as much as up to 50% of the time, is part of the job of the PO .
Please send your motivation letter and CV (up to 4 pages maximum and in English ) only by e-mail and before October 12 2009 to Southeastasiavacancies@icco.nl. The interviews will be held the first week of November in Jakarta
When shortlisted, you will receive an invitation to come to Jakarta. A written test and a reference check will be part of the procedure. Also a medical check is necessary. We plan to contract the PO and FO from 1st of January 2010. Expected Duration of Assignment: 12 months with possibility for extension
ICCO gives an equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender, religion, or political affiliations.