Closing date for this advertisement on October 1st 2009
SurfAid International is an International NGO
that was created in 1999 to respond the needs of communities in a
professional, transparent and community empowering way. SurfAid is now
engaged in public health and Emergency preparedness program work in Mentawai and Nias, Sumatra.
We are seeking a dedicated and professional person
to fill full time position as Field Manager E-Prep to be base in Nias.
This position is for an Indonesian national.
The Field Manager Nias will report directly to the E-Prep Assistant Program
Manager and provide specific program support from SurfAid’s field offices in
Gunung Sitoli, Nias Island, North Sumatera.
The tasks expected of the program assistant include:
To provide management and support to SurfAid
International community facilitation training teams based at the
sub-district level.Assist Program Manager in recruitment process
for Senior Community Facilitator and Community Facilitator to establish training team at Sub District level. Plan field training and workshop schedules at the field level and ensure that training and workshops are conducted
within established deadlines.Provide training, mentoring and support for
the SurfAid training teams in the field.Prepare monthly workplans and activity reporting matrixes and other regular field reporting in line with SurfAid International reporting requirements.Assist in the training and capacity building of SurfAid program staff, primarily SCFs and CFs.Liaise with local stakeholders including district and sub-district government authorities such as SATLAK and SATGAS,
Bappeda, Departments of Health and Education, Bupati’s office and other
identified stakeholders in Nias and South Nias DistrictsConduct regular monitoring and evaluation of field activities. Assist with, manage and implement all activities as identified by the E-Prep Program Manager and Assistant Program Manager and in line with the E-Prep program design instruments.Create and maintain a data base of emergency
preparedness activities in the SurfAid target implementation areas. Liaise with other INGOs, NGOs, agencies or organizations also involved is disaster risk reduction activities and where possible form strategic alliances.Assist in the design and implementation of stakeholder workshops at the district, sub-district and villages level. Identify potential local partner
organizations.Any other tasks identified by the E-Prep
Program Manager and Assistant Program Manager.
The Program Assistant will be expected to travel regularly to the field and may also be required to attend workshops
and trainings in other parts of Indonesia as required.Assist team and E-Prep Management to
documented all activities.
University degree in relevant discipline
· At least 3 years experience in field management and program implementation.
At least 1 years experience in disaster management and disaster response.
· Experience in distance managing field training teams.
· Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
· Experience in organising and facilitating workshops.
· Excellent skills in facilitating community Focus Group Discussions and community meetings.
· Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies.
· Ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, including government officials, community members and children.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a commitment to working in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
· Excellent computing skills, including knowledge of word-processing and spreadsheet applications.
· Experience in administering budgets.
· High personal standards, political and religious sensitivity and possess the qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
· Ability to work independently and with limited supervision when necessary.
· Excellent report writing skills.
Experience working with international NGOs and an understanding of the culture of international organizations.
· English skills.
· Experience with community-based media and information campaigns.
Experience working in isolated regions and/or
understanding of the socio-cultural background of Western islands of
Sumatera.Experience in health-based programming.
Send your Application letter and your recent CV to Human Resources Manager
email@example.com, with subject email CODE: “FM E-Prep NIAS”
PLEASE, ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO MEET REQUIREMENT ENCOURAGED TO APPLY (Email without Code will become second priority)