Vacancy Announcement :
UNFPA invites applications from qualified Indonesian Professionals for the following position:
Post Title : Field Officer – Nanggro Aceh Darussalam (NAD)
Post Code : VA/FPA/FO-NAD/2009
Closing date : 30 September 2009
Recruitment : Indonesian National
Duty Station : Bappeda Office – NAD
Duration of Assignment : 4 months (October 2009-January 2010), with possibility of extension
Starting Date : Immediate
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Gender National Programme Officer, the Field Officer supports the planning and management of UNFPA Joint Program in Aceh and UNFPA 7th country programme in NAD by providing and managing data and inputs, technical assistance, providing logistical support, monitoring project implementation and following up recommendations. He/She is instrumental in facilitating programme /project implementation using and developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with established procedures.
The Field Officer maintains collaborative relationship both with project staff at the UNFPA supported districts as well as Government counterparts to:
1. Facilitate the implementation of UNFPA Joint Program in Aceh and provide monthly progress report.
2. Facilitate the re-initiation process of UNFPA supported programme for NAD Province, that includes: Finalization of consolidated AWPs, timely submission of consolidated financial request forms; timely fund channeling for programme implementation.
3 Monitor project and programme implementation; conducting field visits, participating in some important program activities, coordination meetings, review meetings, timely submit quality quarterly work-plan monitoring and tracking tools, and evaluation missions and prepare regular inputs to status and progress reports. Analyzes basic factors affecting the achievement of results, recommends corrective actions and follows up on recommendations.
4. In collaboration with related stakeholders especially NGOs, conduct advocacy to local Government to increase their commitments on the Population Development, RH and Gender issues as well as partnership with UNFPA.
• Working in team: Works collaboratively with colleagues inside and outside of UNFPA to allow the achievement of common goals and shared objectives. Actively seeks resolution of disagreements and supports the decisions of the team.
•Communicating information and ideas: Delivers oral and written information in a timely, effectively and easily understood manner. Participates in meetings and group discussions actively listening and sharing information. Frankly expresses ideas with the intent to resolve issues, considers what others have to say and responds appropriately to criticism.
• Conflict and self-management: Manages personal reactions by remaining calm, composed and patient even when under stress or during a crisis and avoids engaging in unproductive conflict. Expresses disagreement in constructive ways that focus on the issues not person. Tolerates conditions of uncertainty or ambiguity and continuous to work productively.
• Analytical and strategic thinking: Uses appropriate analytical tools and logic to gathers, define and analyze information, situations and problems and draws logical conclusions from data. Demonstrates an ability to set clear and appropriate priorities focusing on tasks and activities, which have a strategic impact on results. Anticipates and meets information needs of the team and other stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience Required
This person must have both the knowledge and experience working in Reproductive Health programme and or HIV AIDS. With background as follows:
1.A Master’s degree in social sciences, or Medical degree.
2.At least five (5) years of professional experience working on Reproductive Health programme and HIV/AIDS prevention and care programmes including project management.
3.Fluency in oral and written English
4.Proficiency in current office software applications.
5.Preferably, familiarity with Acehnese culture
HOW TO APPLY:
Interest candidate should submit application letter complete with updated CV by e-mail with the Post Code as the subject of your email to email@example.com or send to Operations Unit UNFPA, Menara Thamrin 7th Floor, Jl. MH Thamrin Kav.3, Jakarta Pusat 10250. Please put Post Code at upper-left hand side of the envelope. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process.
UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate
on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is an international development agency that promotes the right of every woman, man and child to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity. UNFPA supports countries in using population data for policies and programmes to reduce poverty and to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, every young person is free of HIV/AIDS, and every girl and woman is treated with dignity and respect.