The American Red Crosshelps vulnerable people
around the world to prevent, prepare for and respond to disasters, complex
humanitarian emergencies and life-threatening health conditions. As a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and
Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and one of more than 20 National
Societies working with PMI in Indonesia, the American Red
Cross is currently implementing its development programs in Banda Aceh, Aceh Utara, Lamno and Calang with a liaison office in Jakarta.
The work of the American
Red Cross in Indonesia is focused on 6 main areas: water and sanitation, community infrastructure,
psychosocial support, health (avian flu, community-based first aid, social
mobilization and youth red-cross), disaster management and livelihood support.
We implement our work directly, through partnership with host national
societies, UN agencies and other non-governmental organizations.
The American Red Cross Tsunami is currently seeking a TDMRCManager (1 person) to be based in Banda
Aceh for a 2 month fixed term contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* To ensure implementation of ICBRR project’s objective-4 (Strengthen Local Government Disaster Management
Capacity and Research in Disaster Risk Reduction) and maintain coordination with
Tsunami Disaster Mitigation Research Centre (TDMRC) of and PMI NAD
* Develop monthly work plan, implement the work and keep track of progress
* Provide assistance to the local government unit (Disaster Management Committee) to organize training and
develop contingency plan
* To ensure research oriented work utilizing University based volunteers
* To keep coordination with local government unit (Banda Aceh, Sabang, Aceh Jaya and Aceh Besar) and other
stakeholders such as , UN agency and International
* To ensure quality of the project and develop tools and recommend methodologies
* To provide technical assistance about DRR activities PMI NAD and TDMRC
* To make frequent field visit in the project area (at least 35% of working days) and provide technical
guidance to TDMRC, Government and PMI staff
* Represent American Red Cross in various National and International Forum
* To develop/collect IEC materials and print locally coordinated with TDRMC
* To prepare month and quarterly report including success story
* To carry out any other program related task given by the DM Delegate
* University degree in any development studies
* Five year project management experience with an International organization and one year on
disaster risk reduction
* Experience to work with government and familiar with DRR structure
* Excellent writing and communication skill in English and Bahasa
* Good leadership, supervisory and management skill
* Ability and ready for extensive field visit
* Good knowledge on geographic and environment of the area of assignment
* Excellent knowledge on computer operation (windows, excel, power point and graphic
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English to email@example.com, placing
the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name (CV max.
Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications
submitted after Sept 15, 2009 will not be considered.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.