the latest on September 15th 2009
SERASI is a USAID funded project which supports Indonesia’s continuing evolution
into a peaceful, just and democratic nation with respect for pluralism and
protection of human rights for all citizens, accomplished through rapid and
flexible programmatic, administrative and logistical support for USAID’s
strategic grants and technical assistance program to mitigate social conflict
and support peace building initiatives nationwide. Our program currently
includes activities planned for Aceh, Papua, Sulawesi , and the Malukus. SERASI is implemented by the International Relief and
Develop (IRD), an international non-profit organization in Indonesia . SERASI seeks
individuals for the position of :
Title : SERASI Finance Assistant
Department : Finance
Supervisor : Finance Officer
Location : Jakarta
General Description of Role:
The Finance Assistant is responsible for supporting the Finance Officer in the Implementing the overall accounting and
financial control systems for IRD Serasi Program and for using adequate and
appropriate internal controls to meet generally-recognized accounting
standards. In addition, the Finance Assistant manages the petty cash and enters
the petty cash and other IRD Indonesia transactions into the automated
1. Ensure expenses are in accordance with U.S. government regulations (expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable), IRD
policy and guidance. Ensure that all project-related transactions are conducted, processed and recorded as stipulated by the system.
2. Manage cash fund, serve as a cashier by reviewing (for accuracy) and processing petty cash and
bank vouchers. Administer blank cheques and prepare cheques for signatory. Pay only appropriately authorized requests for petty cash.
3. Assist in the preparation and submission of the IRD Indonesia monthly expenditure reports,
ensuring that they are accurate and complete.
4. Assist with the preparation and submission of the IRD Indonesia fund requests. Ensure the
monthly fund requests are accurate and complete.
5. Consult with the Finance Officer regularly about the conduct of the assigned tasks.
6. Maintain a close coordination with IRD SERASI staff on financial matters and advise them, as
appropriate, on matters requiring their attention.
7. Assist with the maintenance of the filing system of all financial reports, fund requests and
other finance documentation.
8. Consistent with IRD’s efforts to promote equal opportunities in the workplace, make all
job-related decisions in accordance with IRD’s anti-discrimination policies.
9. Other accounting, financial and administrative tasks consistent with the overall scope of this
Minimum of 2 years experience in an equivalent position. University degree in accounting, finance or similar
field is required (relevant experience and another university degree may substitute for degrees mentioned). Experience with Quickbooks or similar
accounting software is preferred. Experience working in a similar position in an NGO or an international organization is preferred. Knowledge of OMB
Circular A-122 is desired.
· Working knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
· Able to communicate fluently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and
respect for colleagues.
· Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team. Must also
be able to create a supportive working relationship among all project teams.
Must have a willingness to travel to SERASI field offices for business purposes. Must also have the ability to work
effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
If you meet the minimum requirements and are interested in applying, you MUST
submit your CV electronically. To do so, visit http://www.ird.or.id and select “Careers.”
Then further select “Open Opportunities.” Select the opportunity for which you wish to apply, and follow the instructions. You will
be able to upload your CV in WORD format on this site. Other documentation is
not required at this time. Only applicants selected for an interview will be
or you can send it to
via post and include a cover letter, your CV, 3 references, and your salary history/expectation s
Suite 904, 9th Floor
Jl. Jendral Sudirman No 32
No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
IRD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER