Closing date : September 7th, 2009
SERASI is a USAID funded project which supports Indonesia’s continuing evolution into a peaceful, just and democratic nation with respect for pluralism and protection of human rights for all citizens, accomplished through rapid and flexible programmatic, administrative and logistical support for USAID’s strategic grants and technical assistance program to mitigate social conflict and support peace building initiatives nationwide. Our program currently includes activities planned for Aceh, Papua, Sulawesi , and the Malukus. SERASI is implemented by the International Relief and Develop (IRD), an international non-profit organization in Indonesia . SERASI seeks individuals for the position of :
Title : SERASI Senior Program Officer
Department : Program
Supervisor : Field Manager Palu
Location : Palu
General Description of Role:
The Senior Program Officer reports directly to Field Manager Sulawesi. The Senior Program Officer demonstrates understanding of key program concepts and contributes regularly to the development of program strategy and guidelines. The Senior Program Officer is providing mentoring support to Program Officers under his/her responsibilities. The Senior Program Officer works in close collaboration with other program team members in carrying out his/her responsibilities.
1. Prepare an annual report summarizing program activities.
2. Work together Field Manager Sulawesi to prepare the program’s annual work plan
3. Oversee and coordinate the work of SERASI program officers.
4. Assist Field Manager Sulawesi to ensure appropriate and timely delivery of field based projects.
5. Actively participate in regular program review and decision making meetings.
6. Assist in preparation and application of survey and program management’s tools, training materials, and manuals.
7. Serve as a professional representative of SERASI programs at public forums, meetings and with relevant governments at sub-national level.
8. Provide guidance and support to Program Officers in coaching local partners on accurate and timely data collection and conduct internal and external need assessments, monitoring and evaluation.
9. Prepare regular project reports as required by Field Manager Sulawesi.
10. Travel to the provinces on a regular and as-needed basis to assure direct and clear communication with provincial level partners.
11. Oversee the collection of program data and assure that it is collected regularly and consistently throughout all aspects of the program.
12. Facilitate regular communication among program officers.
13. Keep upper management informed of issue, concerns and successes of the program.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by the Field Manager Sulawesi.
Minimum diploma degree in relevant field (relevant experience may substitute the relevant degree). Minimum 3 years working experiences in a similar position in an NGO or an international organization and in community development, work with community based management.
* Having knowledge of English, both written and spoken, and to be effective communicator, dynamic and creative.
* Able to communicate fluently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and able to manage community and working in a multi-cultural workplace.
* Able to write program plans, budget and proposals for all future projects of the program.
* Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
Must have a willingness to travel to SERASI field offices for business purposes. Must also have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
If you think you are up to the challenge, write to us email the latest on September 7th, 2009 and include a cover letter, your CV, 3 references, and your salary history/expectation s to:
Suite 904, 9th Floor
Jl. Jendral Sudirman No 32
Email: opportunity@ ird.or.id
No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
IRD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER