Application papers should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by *7 September 2009*.
KINDLY SEND YOUR APPLICATION DIRECTLY TO EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW:
* ** *THE ASEAN SECRETARIAT JAKARTA INVITES INDONESIAN CITIZENS AND ASEAN NATIONALS WITH PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS IN INDONESIA TO APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION
* CONTRACTS OFFICER*
As a dynamic region with a population of more than 575 million that aims to live in peace and share prosperity, the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) has embarked on an initiative to build an ASEAN Economic Community (AEC). The AEC is envisioned as a competitive economic region well integrated into the global economy, having equitable economic development, and serving as single market and production base. In the implementation of the various economic agreements constituting the architecture of the AEC, ASEAN Member States prescribe to the AEC Blueprint and are supported by the Government of Australia through the ASEAN-Australia Development Cooperation Program (AADCP) II.
The ASEAN Secretariat is seeking qualified candidates to fill the vacancy post of *Contracts Officer *to support the AADCP II and ASEAN Secretariat, especially HRD and Administration Division, in the development and management of agreements and contracts related to procurement of goods/services and personnel.
*Duties and Responsibilities:*
The Contracts Officer’s duties will cover, but not limited to, the following:
1. Provide assistance and guidance to AADCP II in the improvement of procurement systems of goods and services.
2. Provide support to HRD and Administration Division in carrying out the procurement and contracting processes (request, receipt, evaluation and selection of vendors) in line with AADCP II activities.
3. Assist in conveying notification of award, negotiating, drafting and finalizing agreements and contract.
4. Monitoring contract performance and ensuring compliance with the contract terms and conditions.
5. Maintain and update of all procurement files and records and other contracts.
6. Provide technical and oversight support relating to the finance management and program expenditures of the agreements and contracts under AADCP II.
7. Perform other relevant duties commensurate with the post and as assigned by the Assistant Director, Senior Officer and/or higher authorities of the AADCP II and ASEAN Secretariat.
– At least Bachelor degree in Law, Business Administration or a related field.
– A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in technical role.
– Demonstrated knowledge and policy, research and technical skills in the relevant area.
– Sound oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings.
– Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
* Competency in computer skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook where relevant to the position; ability to multi-task, work long and irregular hours, and perform outside the usual job scope; and ability to function effectively independently and as part of a team.
*Remuneration and Benefits:
* Selected candidate would initially be contracted for two (2) years, subject to annual renewal and an initial 6-month probation period. An attractive salary ranging from IDR 12,250,000 to IDR 19,500,000 will be negotiated commensurate with experience and qualification. There are other applicable benefits which include monthly transportation allowance, outpatient medical reimbursement, and hospitalization insurance.
*How to apply:
* Send your application highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, including a recent passport-sized photograph and certified true copies of educational certificates obtained to the
*HRD, Admin, Protocol and Conference Services Division,
70A Jalan Sisingamangaraja, Jakarta 12110*.
*.* * * Please indicate on the subject heading: *Application for AADCP II contracts officer.
The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.