Medical Teams International is a non-profit organization, which serves to bring aid and medical care to those in need worldwide. We are looking for people who are skilled, passionate, determined and experienced for
the positions of Project Manager.
The Health Project Manager (HPM) will be based in Nias. S/He will focus on overall strategy, program planning and liaison
with government, and also operate at a more applied-level focusing on direct capacity building with individual partners.
* In collaboration with the program staff, develop an Action Plan for project implementation.
* Work with the local health authorities to develop a sense of ownership for the health promotion projects. In accordance with project goals and guidance from project management staff, establish mechanisms whereby communities assume responsibility for the maintenance of the project
after the departure of MTI.
* Regularly update project implementation plans with associated time lines.
* Ensure proper financial control and management according to the budget guidelines provided by MTI. Work closely with the project administrative coordinator to ensure timely reporting and management of documentation. Provide reliable monthly cash flow projections on a timely basis to ensure efficient cash flow.
* Ensure maintenance of all project management and office administrative documentation (according to the guidelines provided by MTI)
* Maintain a high degree of awareness regarding the security situation in the project area. Based upon this knowledge take adequate measures to ensure the safety of any and all MTI staff and equipment in the district.
* Enforce all MTI protocols and regulations according to guidance provided by direct supervisor.
* Complete monthly progress reports, and submit reports in a timely manner.
* Assist MTI management with any requests for information or data regarding program expansion or development.
* Supervise all project staff to ensure the responsible completion of their duties according to their position descriptions. This includes giving instruction, direction and evaluation to their performance.
* To arrange schedule and perform regular project monitoring and related reporting according to documentation and guidelines provided. Ensure that the project monitoring adhere to the monitoring plan.
* Preferably Master of Public Health and 3 years relevant experience or Bachelors degree and 5 years relevant work experience.
* Experience in Nutrition, Health Recovery & Education Program, public health facilities.
* Organizational capacity development, program coordination and management
* Experience working with an international NGO, with government and local organizations
* Excellence in facilitation utilizing participatory and skills-building training methodologies
* Written and spoken English and the ability to communicate often complex and sensitive issues to a wide audience
* Report writing skills and experience working with donor agencies
* Interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues
* Networking and advocacy skills
* Proven problem-solving and negotiation skills
* Ability to meet critical deadline
* Proficiency in Nias Language is an adventage
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a cover letter in English stating why you feel you would be good in this position and demonstrating how you meet the selection requirements, along with a current curriculum vitae to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by put “ Health Project Manager – HPM” noted in the subject heading
Send your complete CV to:
Medical Teams International, Inc
Wisma Kosgoro, 20th Floor
Jl. MH Thamrin No. 53
Jakarta Pusat 10350
only short listed candidates will be contacted