Applications submitted after Sept 6, 2009 will not be considered. Female
candidates are encouraged to apply.
The American Red Crosshelps vulnerable people around the world to prevent, prepare for and respond to disasters, complex humanitarian emergencies and life-threatening health conditions. As a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and one of more than 20 National Societies working with PMI in Indonesia, the American Red Cross is currently implementing its development programs in Banda Aceh, Aceh Utara, Lamno and Calang with a liaison office in Jakarta.
The work of the American Red Cross in Indonesia is focused on 6 main areas: water and sanitation, community infrastructure, psychosocial support, health (avian flu, community-based first aid, social mobilization and youth red-cross), disaster management and livelihood support. We implement our work directly, through partnership with host national societies, UN agencies and other non-governmental organizations.
The American Red Cross Tsunami is currently seeking a CIP Field Officer (1 person) to be based in Calang for a 4 month fixed term contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Identify local stake holders for each project sites
· Keep regular communication and ensure good coordination with each stake holders during project assessment, planning, implementation.
· Communicate results of assessment to each project sites
· Coordinate and organize stake holder outreach for focus group or individual discussion as required during any stage of project implementation.
· Inform supervisor for any communication/outreach required within ARC sectors/programs to arrange stake holder outreach.
· Support SPO as required preparing engineering designs using government standards of construction, scope of work, estimated budget and method of implementation for each project.
· Support SPO to communicate technical aspects of work to allow communities to make informed choices about the scope and level of support from project activities, seek their agreement with project as well as their role and responsibilities to sustain the project benefits.
· Provide regular field visits onsite to each project on daily and weekly basis in coordination with respective stake holders to provide feedback to contractor appropriately.
· Prepare progress report and tracking for each project, communicate results to each respective stake holders accordingly for key progress or updates.
· Support SPO to organize onsite inspections as needed to verify claims by contractors, provide feedback to contractors appropriately and approve claims accordingly.
· Problem solving and conflict resolution on site with different stake holders.
* University degree on community development or related field
* Civil Engineering degree from reputed university in Indonesia preferred
* Minimum 3 years working experience in construction project, needs assessment, community outreach etc…
* Proficiency on working with different stake holders i.e. government, non government agencies
* Preferred experience in dealing with engineering designs, project monitoring and management for tracking progress and quality assurance.
* Experience in contract management and dealing with consultants essential * Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name (CV max. 500KB size). Only short listed candidates will be notified.